This week, our recipes come from our own awesome uFitter Mira Malik!!
These little gems are delicious, and well worth a try. Check them out below:
‘The BROWN CAKE’
Main dry ingredients:
– 3/4 cup ground almonds
– 1.5 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– a pinch of salt (Himalayan Salt or any good quality salt)
– 2 eggs (preferably organic & free range)
– 2 ripe & mashed bananas
– 1/2 block of good butter – melted but NOT hot! (Kerrygold is grass fed ?)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
The rest of ingredients:
– 5 Medjool dates – pitted and chopped
– 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
– 1 handful chopped pecans
– 1 handful raisins
– 1 big apple – peeled & grated
Preheat oven to 160C/fan oven 140C.
In one bowl combine all wet ingredients. Make sure the butter is not hot as it will scramble the eggs.
In another bowl combine all dry ingredients.
Combine wet & dry ingredients. Fold in the rest of the ingredients and break up any lumps – the dates might stick together.
Transfer to a buttered dish – 8″x 10″. Bake for about 45 mins or until cake tester (toothpick) comes out clean.
And ENJOY! ?
PS: you can use nuts of your choice, swap apple for a carrot, raisins for cranberries or goji berries. You can also swap butter for coconut oil. Have fun with it!
…and just one more thing. I used a glass dish but if you are using metal dish/tray, the cake might bake quicker.