If You’re Looking For An Easy Way To Make A Tasty Dessert That’s Low Carb, Then Have This Pudding NOW
How hard is it to find a dessert you love but all whilst keeping your carbs down?
Not only that but ones that pretty tasty and a favourite amongst the family?
I remember when mum used to bring home lemon sponge pudding, was soo delicious.
I always fought between that and chocolate gateau
Both were delicious but with the gateau it gets a little sickly after a while.
This? Not the case.
It’s super easy to make and some of the food swaps makes it great for those following a primal, gluten free or vegetarian lifestyle.
Might do a cooking class in our Fit With uFit group and this pudding…what do you think?
Shopping & Ingredients List:
- 2 large Eggs, separated
- 60ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 Lemon, zest
- 1 Lemon, juice only
- 120g Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 100g 0% Total Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 170c (150 fan), 325f, Gas Mark 3. Grease an oven proof dish with a little-melted coconut oil.
- In a bowl mix together egg yolks, cream, stevia & lemon zest until smooth. Beat in almond flour & baking powder again until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg white until they form soft white peaks.
- In the cake mix bowl stir in lemon juice. Then using a metal spoon fold in egg whites one spoon at a time.
- The prepared baking dish. Cover with tin foil. Bake for 20 mins. Uncover & bake for a further 10-15 mins until springy to touch.
- 6. Serve warm with Greek yoghurt.