Read a brilliant book the other day.
One of my dads friends or colleagues authored it and each page represents a different life lesson.
One page stuck out, page 97.
It’s titled ’10 Ways to Be Unhappy’.
You can be unhappy if you make the choice to do so.
Everyday you make lots of choices: what to wear, what to eat, what to do. You also make a choice about how you feel – and how you feel influences how you act. Feel happy and you will be happy. Feel unhappy and you will be unhappy. Simple, but true.
Here’s 10 ways to be unhappy.
1. Make things bother you. Don’t just let them; make them.
2. Lose your perspective on things and keep it lost; don’t put things first.
3. Find yourself a good worry, one about which you cannot do anything.
4. Be a perfectionist, which means not that you work hard to do your best, but that you condemn yourself and others for not achieving perfection.
5. Be right. Be always right. Be the only one who is always right, and be rigid in your rightness.
6. Don’t trust or believe people, or accept them at anything but their worst and weakest.
7. Be suspicious. Insist that others have hidden motives.
8. Always compare yourself unfavourable to others.
9. Take personally everything that happens to you.
10. Don’t give yourself wholeheartedly to anyone or anything.
This doesn’t just apply to business or fitness, but everything.
In life you want to win, it’s in our DNA, being unhappy isn’t.